Art Paws Reno Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

May Be Gone But Not Forgotten--A PetFolio true story of love


 

                      Rennie Chanook Campbell
                                              Born in 2004
                                  Reborn December 23,2008

                  .......................My Beloved Friend.................................. .

     At the age of 4. Our Rennie Passed away around 509 last night. Surrounded with love from Vern, Dr Drum, and me. He was not only a Protector, He was our friend and Family member. His life was mostly painful the past two months due to Bone Cancer. And I wouldn't have been much of a friend to let him live that way. As tears fell from my face on to his body. I knew I was doing the right thing.
     This creature came in my life like a blistering tornado. At the age of 6 months. Eating shoes, (which my underwear was his fav) getting in to things, biting holes in full BLEACH BOTTLES!! I didn't think I was going to make it. But as years went by, He started to mellow down. Not all the way. (lets face it no males really settle down)Tormenting Figaro to play. Walking the kids down the street. Going camping and fishing. ( Chasing the beavers that taunted him in the water to play) Fallowing Vern as they walked up the lake. He acted like a puppy.
     Rennie had that personality that you wish every dog had. The Caring affection that he showed to the family was complete loyalty. You knew when you looked in his eyes that he loved you. Then a turn to the worst. As he started to get sick, I knew something was wrong. 2 Vets later I meet this one outstanding lady by the name of Diana Drum. Who Rennie took to with much ease. She cared for Rennie's health and feelings. She tried everything that she could to bring the pep back in his step.
      Watching him lose the weight and energy we made the last choice of one more week and one more blood test. With a heavy heart she told us the news of this evil that was taking Rennie's life. And there was no hope. So we decided to take one more night with him. Spoiling him rotten with Steak and Aspirin for the pain. Lots of hugs and kisses. We said our goodbyes and told him how much he would be missed. The fallowing day we had to carry him in. And tears in all of our eyes we walked out with out him. There is nothing that I say to express the loss that we feel. Or the confusion of what happened. But I do know this....
       Rennie was and is a wonderful spirit. He brought joy in our hearts. And we were able to let him go knowing that he would forever  be a part of us. It gives me comfort in knowing that he is with others now. And out of pain. And I know with his personality. He'll come back and grab a toy and take it outside for us to see that he was there."

No comments:

Post a Comment