Art Paws Reno Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

PetFolio Readers Alert! Octavio Flown to Reno for His New Home





   Hi, my name is Sally, I have met a lot of dogs in my life, but this guy is amazing.  Recently I volunteered with a rescue group in Puerto Rico called "Save a Sato" for one month. I was there solely to lend a helping hand to the horrendous animal over-population problem (did you know:  there are between 100,000 to 200,000 homeless dogs on this island). While volunteering, I fell in love with a specific dog named "Octavio." Yes, that is him above.

   Octavio has been homeless his whole life and has never had a home. Living on the harsh streets of Puerto Rico, a kind person finally brought him to the shelter. He spent his first year in that kennel. Now, I have flown Octavio to Reno, where he is currently being fostered. 

Octavio is a mixed breed called a "sato" (which means street dog in Spanish). He is truly an amazing dog.  He is up-to-date on all vaccines, as well as neutered.  He is well mannered and ready for your family.

If you think your home is worthy of such a special guy, or if you have a close friend that could use a furry companion such as him, please contact Sally Mills at  tahoegal_77@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment