Art Paws Reno Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dude NEEDS YOUR Help! NOW! Right NOW!



Dude Deserves To Be Evaluated and a Chance to Live


To: Washoe County Sheriff Michael Haley


Dear Sheriff Haley,
I’m in trouble and need some help. My dog parents did not understand or seek legal advice and I got labeled DANGEROUS by the law. I have been really good and just got in trouble; 10 days shy of my probation.
The Washoe County Animal Services wants to KILL me.
I’ve been in jail since January 28th 2013 and am scared and would like to go home. I miss my family and the other doggies here are really scary; barking and growling at my family when they come to visit.
I was rescued when I was a puppy from the SPCA. I am a neutered male Pit Bull Mix and have all of shots and current licensing. I am a family dog. Even though I am about 8 years old, I have a lot of puppy energy which has been mistaken for aggressive behavior. I am a good dog. In the past, my dog parents have not been so diligent in keeping me from roaming at large. This caused me to have too much freedom per the law. Due to my breed and high energy behavior it caused a little panic and scared some of my newer neighbors. I alert/bark, and have ran towards people to get attention. It got me in big trouble. The neighbors who have lived next to me since I was a puppy know and love me; I am not a dangerous dog. I do love people and only want to play. Please come visit me in jail and see for yourself. You can also visit me on facebook at facebook.com/reno.dudedog.
I would like to be released so a certified dog trainer can work with me on my behavior. My dog family is devastated and has spent a lot of time and money making sure that my environment is in compliance. 
I am not a threat and have found a professional who wants to help me. Ashwin with AmaZulu K9 in Reno, Nevada has already spoken to my family.
Please allow me to be release so Ashwin with AmaZulu K9 can professionally evaluate me. I would like to be able to present to the Judge a fair evaluation of my behavior and proof that I deserve to live.
Animals are often misunderstood and Pit Bull breeds are commonly discriminated against. Our beloved pets protect us and love us. Dude is a loving dog and has never maliciously hurt anyone. Pets get in trouble when we as owners don't provide them the direction they need. The law on dangerous dogs is very vague and opinionated; lacking professional oversight and does not require the dog or owner to receive the help they need to overcome and live full happy lives together. Dude is a good family dog and deserves a chance to work with a professional. He is a smart, loving dog. He should be released to a professional for some training and a fair evaluation. His life depends on it.


1 comment:

Landess said...

Sounds like a plan. This dog deserves another chance, I think.

Post a Comment