Art Paws Reno Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Letter from Catherine Henry, 206-Mile Ride in two Days to Help LLS

As you may already know, I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program. This coming Saturday, July 13th I will begin a two-day, 206 mile ride from Seattle to Portland, and I am still far short of my minimum fundraising of $4900. I had hoped to raise $7500, but my efforts to raise funds have been hampered by the recent loss of my computer in a robbery of our home. Thankfully, the thieves did not steal my bike and it is safely on its way to Seattle. I have replaced my computer and am making my last big push before the big ride to meet my goal. It's not too late for you to help by making a donation today (I have until six weeks after the ride to complete my fundraising).

As in previous years, I am riding in honor of my niece, Amanda, who is a six year leukemia survivor and in honor of my good friend Gay, who is living with myelodysplasia. Amanda benefitted directly from LLS support during her illness, and I am honored to have this opportunity to repay the generosity of others by raising funds for this important cause.

I've tried to weed out those who have already given, but if you're getting this anyway, THANK YOU! Every dollar helps support the nearly 958,000 patients & families battling leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and other blood cancers and supports research into new treatments and eventually cures. You can continue to help by forwarding this message to others. If you have NOT yet made a donation, you can contribute RIGHT NOW with the secure link below. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.


This is the fastest and easiest way to donate. If you prefer to donate by mail (either by check or credit card), you can mail your donation to me at:
Catherine Henry
2635 Euclid Heights Blvd., #1
Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44106

If donating by credit card, please include your name as shown on the card, address, credit card type, number, expiration date, and amount of donation. Feel free to call me at 216-403-1581 if you have questions.

I know I can count on you to help me with this important cause. Thank you in advance for your support.

Cathy Henry

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thanks so much for spreading the word!

Post a Comment